Wood Workers - Experience Required
Lexington, KY 40517
Read More Close
Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order
1) Sets up and operates variety of woodworking machines and uses various handtools to fabricate and repair wooden cabinets and high-grade furniture: Studies blueprints or drawings of articles to be constructed or repaired, and plans sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed.
2) Marks outline or dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock, according to blueprint or drawing specifications.
3) Matches materials for color, grain, or texture.
4) Sets up and operates woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointer, mortiser, tenoner, molder, and shaper, to cut and shape parts from woodstock.
5) Trims component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using handtools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
6) Bores holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine.
7) Glues, fits, and clamps parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine.
8) Drives nails or other fasteners into joints at designated places to reinforce joints.
9) Sands and scrapes surfaces and joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing.
10) May repair high-grade articles of furniture.
11) May dip, brush, or spray assembled articles with protective or decorative materials, such as stain, varnish, or paint.
12) May install hardware, such as hinges, catches, and drawer pulls.
13) May repair furniture, equipment, and fixtures and be designated Cabinetmaker, Maintenance.
14) May be designated according to products made as Piano-Case Maker.
15) May cut, shape, and assemble wooden parts to construct frames for refrigeration equipment and be designated Refrigerator Cabinetmaker.
Wood Finishing Tech
* THIS JOB REPORTS TO PLANT MANAGER.
* KNOWLEDGE OF WOOD FINISHING, CONVERSION VARNISH, LACQUERS, STAINING, MIXING COLORS. KNOWLEDGE OF FINISH EQUIPMENT, PRESSURE POTS, CUP GUNS AND AIR ASSIST EQUIPMENT.
* ABILITY TO PRODUCE PRODUCT UNDER TIME SENSITIVE SITUATIONS.
* CHECK MATERIAL NEEDED AGAINST INVENTORY AND MAKE SURE THAT ALL NECESSARY * PURCHASING HAS BEEN PASSED ON TO PURCHASING AGENT.
* LOOK OVER PRODUCTION ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR QUALITY, ACCURACY AND COMPLETION DATES. MAKE SURE FINISHED PRODUCTS MATCH SAMPLES, RETAIN AND FILE APPROVED SAMPLES AND FORMULAS FOR EACH JOB.
* WORK WITH SHIPPING DEPT TO INSURE PROPER WRAPPING/PACKAGING TO PROTECT FINISHED PRODUCTS .
CNC Machine Programmer
MUST HAVE A RESUME. MUST HAVE A RESUME
Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures
Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift
Feed information akin to speed, shapes and sizes through the machine set up box
Place parts in semi automated machines
Calibrate machines at the beginning of each shift
Recalibrates machines at the end of each shift
Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum running
Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out
Perform random tests to ensure accuracy
Perform safety checks on every machine
Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing periodic checks on output
Ensure stocks of needed materials are ready and available at all times
Create and maintain activity logs
Provide relevant information regarding progress to supervisors
Woodworkers manufacture a variety of products such as cabinets and furniture, using wood, veneers, and laminates. They often combine and incorporate different materials into wood.
Although working conditions vary from plant to plant, some woodworkers may encounter machinery noise and wood dust. Others work in modern plants with good lighting, active dust control, and sound deadening enclosures. Woodworkers have a higher rate of injuries and illnesses than the national average.
A high school diploma or equivalent is typically required to become a woodworker. Although some entry-level jobs can be learned in less than 1 year, becoming fully proficient generally takes at least 3 years of on-the-job training. The ability to use computer-controlled machinery is becoming increasingly important.
MUST BE GOAL ORIENTED.
MUST STRIVE FOR PERFECTION AND BE PROUD OF THE WORK HE OR SHE DOES.
WE ARE A HIGH END WOODWORKING MANUFACTURER THAT SPECIALIZES IN CUSTOM OFFICES, STORE FIXTURES, LABORATORY AND DENTAL OFFICES AND HIGH END RESIDENTIAL WORK.
WORK 4 DAY WEEKS MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY AS 10 HOUR DAYS AND SOME MANDATORY FRIDAY OVER-TIME.
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Experience with steel, aluminum and/or stainless steel required
Experience with MIG and TIG welding highly preferred.
Experience with CNC press breaks, CNC folding machines and automatic saws highly preferred.
Ability to lift heavy items up to 60 pounds consistently required.
Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
Ability to identify and measure material Ability to produce quality products consistently
Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form
Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses
Ability to read blueprints, drawings, calipers, tape measures and angle gauges
Crown Services, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M / F / V / D
About Crown Services, Inc
Founded in 1968 by Chad Countiss, Crown Services, Inc., started out as a small, family-owned staffing company in Columbus, Ohio. Over the years, we grew from that one office to 40 offices in 12 states, and we continue to grow, opening at least one new office a year. Today, we are headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and provide staffing services to meet the needs of several key industries: industrial, logistical, medical and professional.
At Crown Services our commitment to excellence is one of our most valuable assets. By being committed to a first class experience and the highest quality candidates, we ensure our clients with top talent and our candidates with top job opportunities.